CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm back, for now

So, I've finally decided to blog again. I don't really know why I stopped. I think I got so caught up in having to blog everything that was even somewhat noteworthy that I got overwhelmed. Plus, I'm just so tired by the end of the day. But oh well. I really want this to be a way to look back at our lives in this crazy time when Scott was in residency and our kids were little.

Anyway, here is a quick update, and then I'll include some photos. Alysson started school in September. There are 5 other kids her age in the neighborhood and ward. So, the moms decided to organize a little preschool that rotated houses each week. It was at our house this week. I was pretty hesitant when we got invited to do this because I really didn't want to have to teach. But, the first half of the year is winding down, and I've only had to teach 3 times, and it's free and close. Half the time we can walk. Plus, Alysson has really bonded with the other kids. I'm really happy we did this now. Alysson's birthday is in a few weeks; she'll be 4!!! She wants a dinosaur party, so I'm working on that. Here is a picture to show off how cute she is. We went to a Christmas thing at the park and the greatest face painter of all time was there.


Carson is walking now. He gets into everything. We even had to put a gate around the Christmas tree so he won't break anything or unwrap presents. He turned 1 on Oct. 11, and we had a little family party for him. He doesn't talk yet, but everyone says boys and second children talk later. The craziest thing he does is crawl through Yoshi's doggie door. We have to lock it now, or else he just go outside and play by himself. This is a picture of him after he got out.

Scott is still working hard. I don't know how he does it with the lack of sleep. Most of his colleagues aren't even married, let alone have kids. My mom asked me the other day if I would trade places, and I said I'd consider going to work, but never in a million years would I go to medical school or do a residency.

Nothing new in my life except I have this weird guilt about santa. This is the first year Alysson has asked me questions about him, like where does he live, how does he get in the house, etc. I always thought I would love playing along, but I feel like I'm lying.

So, for Thanksgiving, we went to the Provo area to be with family. My aunt reserved this jumping/gymnastics place for everyone. It was tons of fun. I included this picture of my dad because it makes me laugh every time I see it. There was a huge track to run on and jump over some blocks into a foam pit. So, my dad tried a flip in the pit, but only completed about half of it.


Anyway, here are ton of pictures. Everytime I've take pictures, I think, I'll blog now because I want this one to be seen. So here is a slideshow of the past few months.

Click to play Fun Stuff
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Make a Smilebox scrapbook



6 comments:

Annie said...

I was just telling my mom the other day how much I missed your blog. I felt like I hadn't heard anything since you had been in Vegas. It was so fun to see the updated photos of the kids. Carson looks so grown up. I was so sad we missed Thanksgiving. Hopefully next year we can go.

Rob and Jewls said...

I love that you are back!!! I love the pictures of the kids. The christmas one of them is too cute! Could Carson be any happier?! Was it hard to do a Pyzam background? I used a different one that I cut and paste html code. Is that how yours is? It is really cute. Keep it up!

Jana said...

Well for Heaven's Sake Welcome Back! I LOVE all of the pictures. I know that blogging can be a pressure - don't let it be because then it looses its fun and for you. But know that there are a plethora of peeps out here waiting and wanting and loving any word or picture from you - big or small. Keep it coming!

PLLEEEEEASE come and visit me again. I'm fun.

Julie said...

Hi Tina! I've been wondering what happened to you! I'm glad you're back. Your kids are ADORABLE!!! I can't believe how big Carson is! What cuties!!! Good to "see" you again!

LittleSucker said...

Holy Canoli!!!! You actually left us some info about you guys out there! Those munchkins are the cutest things on earth, and sheesh-- getting big!
Tell Scott Hi. I'm not in a surgery residency, thank heavens, but this year sure has crappy months. I just finished a "fun" 36 hr shift on medicine -- bloody attending that rounds all day and still leave you with 9 discharges to do after you already hit your 30 hr max! Thankfully it's the only month of medicine I'll ever do during residency and for the rest of my life. Will you be around between Christmas and New Years in UT? Lindsay will be there.

Portia said...

That picture of your Dad CRACKS ME UP!!! I wish I could have seen it live. Oh man, classic Matt right there. :)