CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Could you pass the cockroaches please?

So you all know what a huge bug fan I am. One time, I actually asked my neighbor to come to my house to kill a spider because Scott wasn't home. In my defense, it was HUGE. Anyway, cockroaches are taking over the city, or at least my house. Every day I wake up and go on a dead cockroach hunt to clean up all the ones that died over night, usually 2 or 3. So, I saw one this morning, after I had already put away my dustpan. See, I can't pick them up in a paper towel because I can't stand the thought of feeling them. And, if you accidentally squish it, they bleed green. I know this because I stepped on one. So, instead, I sweep them up and flush them to Hell, or Heaven, if I'm talking to Alysson.

Anyway, I made a mental note to pick up the one I forgot before we left the house, and then quickly forgot the mental note. I gated Carson into the family room and went to help Alysson brush her teeth. I was coming back around the corner and saw that Carson had escaped, that crazy kid. He was in the kitchen with his fist in his mouth. It took all of 1/10th of a second for me to realize that HE WAS EATING THE COCKROACH. I'm pretty sure I've never run so fast. I grabbed him and stuck his entire body in the sink and started the water. He was screaming, but I didn't care. I'm sure the water was freezing, but oh well. I washed that stupid cockroach down the drain to Hell and washed Carson's hands, and I even rinsed his mouth out. I'm so proud because I touched the cockroach with my hands, I cleaned Carson all up, and then myself, and all with out raising my voice or using one bad word. I was shaking the entire time, and chanting in my head, "Don't lose it, you have a 3-year-old watching and she repeats everything." I will NEVER leave a dead cockroach out again. I can't believe that's even a sentence I have to use.

5 comments:

kimbo said...

Oh gross! I would die. You are a brave girl. There are so many bugs out here. I can't stand it. I am constantly covering my children in bug spray and then spraying the real bug spray on bugs I find outside. This week it was the largest pile of ants I've ever seen in my life! Just wait till your son starts picking up the bugs and coming to show them to you. The great thing about having a boy is that they will kill the bugs for you when they're old enough. I think Caden was about 2 when he killed his first bug for me.

Rob and Jewls said...

OH MY GOSH! I am dying!!! I am just imagining you doing this. I was laughing out loud over the humor and horror of it all. Roaches are disgusting too! I feel your pain! Proud of you for not freaking out. I know how difficult was for you! Go MAMA!

Julie said...

GROSS!!! Thanks for the great story. It makes me very glad I just have to deal with Box Elder Bugs and not cockroaches!

Linz said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! You know, if you would just feed Carson once and awhile, he wouldn't need to search the kitchen floor for bugs!
Okay, if it were me, I would have been throwing up in the sink as I was trying to wash his mouth out!!!

Jana said...

I am so so proud of you - you bug wrangler! Truly, I KNOW how much it took out of you to actually touch the bug. You have truly passed the test of loving your chilren more than anything on earth.

Well done, thou good and faithful mother!