CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Differences Between Kids

It's so fun to see the different personalities in my kids. I've talked a lot about this with my friend Julie and my mom. It's pretty remarkable. Alysson was such a happy-go-lucky baby, and pretty much still is. She didn't really care if her diaper was messy, or if she had sun in her eyes, or if it was loud. She gave me plenty of warning that she was hungry and gave me a few minutes to get ready to feed her. She basically did things by the book. If the book said the average baby did something at a certain time, that was her. It seemed as if the books were written for her.



Carson is so the opposite. When he gets hungry, you had better be ready to feed him. I've learned to have bottles ready in anticipation. He cries when it's too loud and cries when his diaper is messy (which is really a good thing because he will probably potty train easier than Alysson who could care less). He is a mover and shaker too. All the little buckles and straps on bouncers and swings and changing tables are for Carson. I couldn't understand why they were there for Alysson who wouldn't move, ever. He can get out of his bumbo seat and has fallen out of his bouncer. This picture is an example. (He's actually asleep.) He rolls and sits in a tripod sit. He got up on his hands and knees last night.


It's so fun because both are such great traits to have. It's wonderful that Alysson is just happy because life is hard and unpredictable and she'll flow through just fine. It's great that Carson knows what he wants because someday he can go get it. I always thought about people being born with certain personalities, and now I know it's true.


4 comments:

kimbo said...

Yeah! You have a blog. I will probably be stalking you everyday, so please keep it current. :) And I totally agree on the kids' personalities. My kids are all so different. We now see some similarities between Caden and Claire, but they really do come with different personalities. Ella was our easy one and Claire is throwing us for a bit of a loop. She's just got some great vocal chords so she can let us know when she's not happy!

JoLinda said...

Thanks for letting us know about your blog - now we can keep up on your family. It was great seeing you and the kids the other day. The dinner was delicious (I want the recipe!) but we were trying to figure out how to get your pan back to you.

Love, Aunt Jo

Jana said...

It is good that you are so accepting of the differences within your kid's personalities. Sometimes I have a hard time with that - but that's my problem and you have your mother in you: accepting, compassionate, and ever the optomist!

By the way - I love your blog background!!! Is it custom? Way to go Tina!

Jenny said...

It was so good to see you guys at Annie's house. It's amazing to me too just to see how different Grant and Carson are. Grant isn't nearly as mobile yet.