CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Alysson just finished her week of swimming lessons. I guess it was worth it because at the beginning of the week she was crying to go home and clinging to her teacher, and at the end of the week she would at least use the kick board and let the teacher take her under water. She won't go under by herself though.

We did have one MAJOR tantrum from her. Yesterday, the teacher pretty much spent the whole time convincing Alysson to put her face in the water. Alysson never did it, and it was time for the next class to start. Her teacher even kept her an extra 5 minutes, but it still didn't happen. So Alysson wanted to go into the kiddie pool for a few minutes and try some more by herself. I gave her 2 minutes because we had 20 minutes to get home and change before some people came over. After the 2 minutes, she still hadn't put her face in, but I told her it was time to go anyway. Then she lost it.

I guess she was probably disappointed in herself because she couldn't do it and wanted to keep trying. Who knows. She started screaming and splashing. She raised her hand to hit something, but nothing was there so she walked to the rock wall and hit that. She stayed in the middle of the kiddie pool so I couldn't reach her. While not that deep, it was deep enough that my clothes would get wet. I was so embarrassed. All the other moms from the next class were watching, the other kids wouldn't pay attention to the teacher because they were watching. I didn't know what to do.

Finally, I handed Carson to this really helpful lady in our stake and got in the water with my shoes and skirt. It was awesome. The first day I don't wear a bathing suit and I actually get in the water. She kicked and screamed all the way to the car. The nice lady carried Carson and all our stuff for me. She even buckled Carson in so I could wrestle with Alysson. I don't think I've ever been so mad at her. She went straight to bed with her wet hair and bathing suit and took a nap. I don't think she has napped for over a year now. On the bright side, Carson slept too, so I read and finished my book for book club.

Anyway, here are some pictures from swimming.





4 comments:

Jana said...

I hope you were able to change your clothes.....and I love the pictures. Aly looks like she is thinking about liking this here lesson in every single picture. Very funny. She is sure growing.

Portia said...

I agree with Jana...awesome concentration face. :) Plus those goggles are awesome!

Linz said...

Like I said before, this is just the beginning!!! I never had a problem with "terrible twos" It was definitely the "Sassy Threes"! Don't worry, she will grow out of it. It calms down as they get closer to 4!!! Good-luck!!! (I am just laughing because I know exactly how you were feeling!!!)

Jana said...

hey - so this isn't really a comment, I'm just too lazy to do the email thing when you blog is right here.

I have size 11 pink cowboy boots that are too small for E - would A like them? I can send them with R to the reunion. E wore them last year to the murder party so they are not like pristine or anything but they are cute enough and I shined 'em up with a Chlorox wipe to get 'em a little less dusty last year. They still have some wear left on them so I hate to just toss if she would like them.